Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lonely People Blog

I have recently read somewhere that lonely people blog. And it got me thinking, am I lonely? Do I really have no one to talk to and that's why I put my thoughts into writing? You know, I really thought I could answer both of these questions in a snap. But I didn't, it took me quite a while to decide that my answer would be a NO.

There were a number of times when I certainly felt that I was lonely. I was lonely after a failed relationship, I was lonely hanging with insincere and backbiting friends, I was lonely during the first few weeks of college, and so many more lonely episodes in my life that I'm just too stubborn to bring out in the open. I've always said that memory is a funny thing. Memories, when brought back to life, come back with full vigor and great detail. For example, when you're actually in the moment, you don't really take much notice of what you wore, or what the weather was, or how lonely the streets seemed. In that instant, you just go on doing what you do... But when you remember, when it all comes crawling back to you, you gain sight of every single detail and feel twice as much hurt or joy. I don't know if this happens to all of us, but it's like this for me, it always has been.

I guess I will have to agree that lonely people do blog but they are not the only ones doing so. Happy people blog, bored people (like me... hehe) blog, passionate people blog, and the list goes on. I really don't care who blogs on the net, everybody is entitled to that. What bothers me is why the statement,
lonely people blog, has this negative effect on me. It's like I'm doing my best to paint a picture but then suddenly some one accidentally nudges my arm and ruins the canvas with one small imperfection. I don't know. Maybe I am a lonely person posing to be all happy and giddy. Or maybe I'm just over reacting... I tend to over analyze things a lot. Sheesh! I need answers people. I am just so confused right now that it actually hurts to think.

2 comments:

LostElf said...

i dont know about you... but most of my blog entries "dont" come from a happy place... but it's all a matter of style, mood, or whim. it just depends. blogs are meant to express how or what you feel. some people can pour out their thoughts better when they're happy while others are more prolific when they're sad.

dontcha worry ods. just pour out your thoughts. dont box yourself with stereotypes. you're better than that. :)

"Marie-ism" said...

i know that... duh... hehe...

ako lang elvs, why am i so bothered with this "phrase"... bahala na oi, lonely na kung lonely basta na lang dyud CHILL... hehe... PARTEH!!! WOOHOO! ;O)